Saturday, September 28, 2013

A lot of pumpkin bread

Last night I made my favorite pumpkin bread, using the industrial loaf pan Gene found for me this summer.  The bigger of the set will find its way to my cousin in Massachusetts this winter when I head back east for her wedding.  And yes, they do fit into the oven.

I was nervous that the loaves wouldn't cook evenly, that the outer ones would cook faster and leave me no way to get them out without making a huge mess.  To combat this the best I could, I made sure to turn the pan around at the mid-way point of the cooking time.

It turns out that I had nothing to fear.  The loaves were perfect, even cooking about minutes faster than expected.

Three of the loaves are now nestled in my freezer, waiting to be nutritious and fast breakfasts over the coming months.

I can't wait to use this loaf pan again.

This made me chuckle.


No comments:

Post a Comment